Apricot flavoring to an Amber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyfan964

Reaction score
Has anyone added any flavoring to a simple amber? I was thinking of doing around 4 oz. of Apricot just before bottling... I'd like to sweeten it up a bit for a good late summer ale.

I have brewed an apricot ale a couple times and have used 6oz of apricot extract both times I bottled it. The only reason I used that much is because the bottle said to use 6-7 oz for a 5 gal batch.

After 2 weeks in the bottle, it has a great subtle apricot flavor, but makes a nice summer ale.

I have brewed an apricot ale a couple times and have used 6oz of apricot extract both times I bottled it. The only reason I used that much is because the bottle said to use 6-7 oz for a 5 gal batch.

After 2 weeks in the bottle, it has a great subtle apricot flavor, but makes a nice summer ale.

Perfect! That's exactly what I'm going for. Guess I should have read the damn 4 oz. bottle before I bought it.... says right on there 6-7 oz for a 5 gallon batch. Why not just make the bottles 6-7 oz?

I know all fruit extracts are bottled in 4 oz bottles. But some use more than that some use less. Probably depending on how strong the fruit flavor is

Back