Apricot Brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heightmd

Reaction score
So here I am, growing up away from those dreadful kits.
I have brewed about 6 batches so far and they have gotten consistently better, but I am sick of the kits.

I have some apricots blooming and I was wondering what kind of recipes you may have for me. I looked at a few and the Apricot Citrus Wheat (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/apricot-citrus-wheat-107189/) sounds great.

The only thing is that I am looking for more of a traditional recipe and something to where SWMBO will enjoy a lot (going to be a gift).

Have any suggestions or recipes for me?
(Also, like I said, I am relatively new to brewing and just moving away from kits so any additional help on procedures would be great!)

let me guess - SWMBO = Sumo Wrestler Man Bra Option ?

I would say just add some apricot to your favourite or the sumo wrestlers fav beer and see what its like.

I have added homemade peach and apricot syrup to my beers after the primary fermentation with good results. My suggestion would be to keep it subtle and be sure to sterilize the syrup before adding by boiling or using a campden tablet in the syrup as per cider.

Look in the recipe section. I'm pretty sure I've seen an apricot brew in there. If not, try here. There's quite a few versions of the fruit/wheat combo out there.

let me guess - SWMBO = Sumo Wrestler Man Bra Option ?

I would say just add some apricot to your favourite or the sumo wrestlers fav beer and see what its like.

I have added homemade peach and apricot syrup to my beers after the primary fermentation with good results. My suggestion would be to keep it subtle and be sure to sterilize the syrup before adding by boiling or using a campden tablet in the syrup as per cider.

SWMBO - "she who must be obeyed"

Ok, so how do you add the apricot? Would I basically pulp them, heat them to a boil with some water and strain? And should I use a mesh bag when I add it to the wart?

Look in the recipe section. I'm pretty sure I've seen an apricot brew in there. If not, try here. There's quite a few versions of the fruit/wheat combo out there.

Ive obviously looked at recipes, googled them, and bookmarked many, but this is my first time moving away from the kits and a lot of the recipe's are pretty ambiguous. By the way... that was an awesome burn.

Thanks for the help

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I am getting an apricot tree and am curious about some tried and tested recipes.

Magic hat #9 is a apricot pale ale. Check out their website for ideas on where to start your recipe.

You know what, I drug up the wrong thread, my bad folks. Thanks for the reply Tim :) I was thinking more along the lines of a straight cider so I will see what I can find over there. Sorry again!

Back