Apple Wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raynor

Reaction score
3 - Gallons Apple Cider - Pasteurized
2 - Pounds Cane Sugar or Light Brown Sugar
1 - Packet Montrachet Wine Yeast

Pour 1 gallon of cider in carboy. Add the 2 pounds of sugar and mix well. Pour in the second gallon of cider and add the packet of yeast. Pour in the third gallon of cider and attach blow off tube. At 70 degrees you should have good activity in about 48 hours.

Leave in Secondary, once clear drink straight from the carboy. I rack off 1 gallon at a time as needed. :D

Enjoy! :drunk:

You're right - apple wine/cider is pretty much what it is with a little of this or that added or taken away. I like mine sparkling with some acid blend to give it just a little tart kick. Others might like vanilla or spices but, at the end of the day, it's still wine or cider.

my next batch of apfelwein i'm going to add some blueberries and see how it comes out. i have made ed wort's apfelwein 2 times and it came out excellent both times. but i'm thinking i will use the 6 1/2 gal carboy instead of the 5 gal cause there may be more krausen

For my first brew I thought I'd be creative on the first try (learned my lesson). I wanted to make edwort's cider, but put in 5-6lbs of sugar. Now I'd say it's considered a wine. Next doing a mead then edwort's, and listening to instructions.

Back