Apple honey cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norric

Reaction score
just wanted to share what I finished making. I followed a recipe i found on here and it came out great!

Attachments

• 20200523_175209.jpg
    20200523_175209.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 41
Well done. Cyser can be a delicious mead. If you can let this age 6 months or longer the taste can become completely transformed and if it is good today it can be incredible in December and out of this world next June.

Well done. Cyser can be a delicious mead. If you can let this age 6 months or longer the taste can become completely transformed and if it is good today it can be incredible in December and out of this world next June.
I think I will try this. So its the same process, I just let it sit in a dark place and forget i ever put it there? Or do I need to do a different process?

I think I will try this. So its the same process, I just let it sit in a dark place and forget i ever put it there? Or do I need to do a different process?

Check your SG to make sure it's not going to ferment anymore, and then bottle it. set that case aside with a 'do not touch until christmas' label, and drink it then.

I am always trying to brew next years batch...

Ok ill get started on a new batch just for that! Thanks! 🍻

When you age a wine or mead you need to either make certain that there is no headroom in the carboy if you are bulk aging or that when you bottle it , the wine (or mead) is crystal clear and has completely stopped fermenting.
Headroom will fill with air and oxygen in the air will oxidize the wine as it ages over months.

If it's not as clear as glass you may find that sediment will drop out of solution and that detracts from the quality. And if it has not absolutely finished fermenting then when you cork or cap the bottles CO2 will continue (even very slowly) to build up exerting pressure on the glass and on the cap and eventually one or the other will give up and you will have either bottle bombs (exploding glass is very dangerous) or a gusher with the loss of the contents of the bottle - and a messy floor or wall or ceiling to clean up

Back