Apple Beer Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3RiverBrewer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have ideas or suggestions for an apple beer? I don't want cider but a good easy drinking beer with a bit of apple in it.

My parents are both retiring in a few months my dad likes IPA's so making him a batch to celebrate the occasion is easy. My mother is a teacher (thus the apple idea) she likes fruit/wheat beers more. I was thinking of using my hefe recipe and adding some apple, a hint of nutmeg and maybe a little cinnimon with 30 minutes left in the boil.

- That being said I have never seen an apple hefe so it makes me a little nervous.

Any help would be appreciated!

For a nice subtle flavor I would take 3-4 apples core, skin and slice/cube them and add them into the mash of whatever beer you wanted to. I have had a apple beer done this way by a fellow club member and it was REALLY good.

I just did this with a pear beer as well. FWIW Kolsh Yeast is said to impart Apple/Pear like qualities to beer, YMMV.

Back