Apparently the French are Stalking Me . . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I went in to do some editing on my website/blog, and stopped by the stats page and was struck by something unusual. Usually, all of the visits come from the US and Canada - with almost all of them coming from Illinois. Occasionally, there will one visit from overseas, I assume hackers or bots, poking around. But who knows, right?

Anywhoooo . . . . in the past week, a full 5% of the visitors to my site are from France. In my imagination, I like to think there is a Cult of Pappers_ building up in the land of Cheese and Baguettes. The home of the Louvre, steak-and-frites, and Jacques Derrida is apparently drawn to my musings on Off-Flavor Workshops, BJCP exams, and Belgian Golden Strong recipes.

I think I'll go eat some Brie now.

97uW.gif

Good lord, I just looked back at previous weeks and a couple of weeks ago, I had over 50 visits from Russia . . . . . damn you Putin, I will not allow you to use my site to destroy western democratic society. You and your jack-booted thugs can go to hell.

giphy.gif

I believe the Russians intend to use my food and beer pairing post to widen the divisions in our country - between the wine drinkers and the beer drinkers. Insidious.

I dont know about the Russians, but this got me to check your awesome site. Looks great, cant wait to check out more when i have some time.

Back