Apfelwein's best \ worst injury to date?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfoot

Reaction score
Took a header down the stairs while retrieving my 2nd glass of A.W. and ended up with this:

1_IMAGE_008.jpg

4 hours later, I am glad the internets taught me to type one-handed :D

Heed my warning : socks + hardwood stairs = recipe for disaster...

Now where did that apfelwein go? My percocet is wearing off... :drunk:

Definitely busted... have to see an ortho this week to see if surgery will be needed...

And Ed, please don't think I was blaming apfelwein for this... Had it not been for a.w. this prolly woulda hurt a helluva lot worse...

more pics coming up...

MacGuyver like use of a clipboard as a make shift splint..
IMAGE_010.jpg

My wrist has a new chicane...
IMAGE_011.jpg

Chinese finger trap traction device...
IMAGE_009.jpg

Traction applied...
IMAGE_014.jpg

Ouch indeed. Your break looks very similar to one I had a little over a year ago. No apfelwein involved though.
Mine occured while longboarding down a pretty steep street. Forgot to tighten up my trucks and got speed wobbles about half way down. I went down hard, got up to mt wrist looking liek yours, but I had bones sticking out. I had two surgeries, and now have a big titanium plate and 14 pins and screws holding my arm together. The doctor said my arm would not be the same again, but I've completely recovered.
Did find out, though, morphine doesn't affect me. They had to dose me up with double delauted. Talk about feeling no pain.:cross:

Hope your arm gets better..
Here's to hoping your physical therapist is as hot as mine was...:mug:

The xrays were fairly clean looking after the ER doc set it... Going to orthopedic surgeon tomorrow for the verdict...

Wish me luck...

:mug:

Wow, I just read this. I'm glad you had some apfelwein to make your ride to the hospital a bit more comfortable. :cross:

I hope all is ok now.

Oh my word, I dunno how I ever missed this thread.

Glad you're ok though.

I will say that a pint of apfelwein and a darvocet was a wonderful think when I hurt my back on Sunday.:drunk:

All is better... I had surgery three weeks ago today, where I was the lucky recipient of 12 screws, one titanium plate and a spiffy scar... Two therapy sessions into it, all I can say is OUCH!...

As far as the size of the glass, it was just a regular old pint glass...

:D

Duckfoot,
I think the moral to the story is that you should never keep a set of stairs between you and your brew. Not only is it ineffecient logistically, but it's down right dangerous.

Not only will I have my kegerator built someday, SWMBO says I am allowed to put a tap in the kitchen if I ever remodel it...

Problem will be solved then...

Back