Apfelwein questions please...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stee41

Reaction score
Ok, I fancy making this stuff but the recipe states pure apple juice, this to me is gloopy/thick, does it break down to a thinner consistency during fermentation?

Also can I make just 1 gallon of this to try it and do I have to alter the quantities accordingly or dont it work that way? ie: a 6 gallon recipe , everything will be divided by 6 if I only want to try 1 gallon?

cheers all
Stee

:drunk:

Ok, I fancy making this stuff but the recipe states pure apple juice, this to me is gloopy/thick, does it break down to a thinner consistency during fermentation?

Also can I make just 1 gallon of this to try it and do I have to alter the quantities accordingly or dont it work that way? ie: a 6 gallon recipe , everything will be divided by 6 if I only want to try 1 gallon?

cheers all
Stee

:drunk:

Not sure where you buy you apple juice but even fresh pressed cider isnt that thick. Do you guys have Motts Apple juice over there?

As far as one gallon, dont do it. You will like it and so will you friends and then you will have to go thru months of waiting to have more if you do only one gallon.

Latest posts

Back