Apartment Ventilation Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullbythehorns

Reaction score
I moved into an apartment and wondering what you guys are doing for getting rid of all the extra moisture / heat / aroma when brewing indoors. I have a Sanke keg with a 5500 watt electric element that boils off bout 1.25 gals/hr. I have always brewed in a garage before and didn't have to deal with this before.

The kitchen exhaust doesn't appear to vent to the outside and it is too far to run a cord from the dryer plug to the small outside patio. I thought about placing a box fan in the sliding door and blocking the rest of the door with some plywoodto exhaust what I can.

Perhaps I am making too big of a deal with this and need to RDWHAHB while brewing it up. Looking forward to everyone's thoughts and experience on path forward.:mug:

I would imagine a bilge blower and some ducting would do it and it would be easy to setup and take down. Depends on how far you are from the nearest window though, heh.

I thought about placing a box fan in the sliding door and blocking the rest of the door with some plywoodto exhaust what I can

This would work really well if you can get the fan above the level of your brew pot/kettle and very close to it. A second option would be to use positive pressure to ventilate your apartment. Put the box fan in a window blowing IN, then open another door or window of similar size. Place your kettle somewhere in between the two and you should be golden! This also gives you more freedom in the positioning of your setup. Good luck!

Open every window you have, then open the patio/balcony door. When it gets too much every so often turn on your bathroom fans and open your hallway door. Put something along the lines of a empty box of bullets at the entrance of your door if your neighbors are not the best.

Doesn't everyone in the US have guns anyways?

Open every window you have, then open the patio/balcony door. When it gets too much every so often turn on your bathroom fans and open your hallway door. Put something along the lines of a empty box of bullets at the entrance of your door if your neighbors are not the best.

Doesn't everyone in the US have guns anyways?

Yes...but I don't think any of us have empty boxes of bullets :D

Latest posts

Back