Apartment brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treacheroustexan

Reaction score
Just moved out of my parents house into my own apartment a couple weeks ago. I saw the apartment brewing thread on here but the last post was in 2012 so I figured I would just start a new thread. Brewing in an apartment was pretty awesome, I had to come up with a bunch of crazy ideas to make things work and I still made beer. I got my stove to boil just over 3 gallons so I was happy about that, as I just did an extract batch until I get the rest of my equipment moved. I lucked out and got a patio allowing propane. I think I used my bath tub for pretty much everything that I did. My neighbors now suspect I run a meth lab and my smoke detector kept going off.. Heres some photos of brew day. Also if any other apartment brewers have any tips or tricks to keep things running smooth on brew day please let me know!

Edit: Not sure why my pictures uploaded upside down and sideways? They look good on my screen lol, hope you can still see.

aptbrew1.jpg

aptbrew2.jpg

aptbrew3.jpg

For those apartment brewers that can't brew outside and have difficulty with big boils on the stovetop:

If you have a 240v electric dryer or stove outlet, you could use a 3500W induction cooktop. I use one in my basement for 5.5 gallon batches.

I had a house with a room just for the brewery, then moved into this little apartment 680sq ft . I haven't brewed yet but as soon as we get a cool night, I'm going to give her a trial run.

That's the tiniest toilet I've ever seen. I don't know how you could comfortably sit on and fit everything inside the toilet seat unless you were 7 years old. See if your landlord will let you put a new toilet in. Long bowl for me please.

I regularly brew 3 gallon all grain batches in a one bed room one bath apartment. Space is at a premium but the hardest thing to figure out is where to keep all the full bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I regularly brew 3 gallon all grain batches in a one bed room one bath apartment. Space is at a premium but the hardest thing to figure out is where to keep all the full bottles.

+1 to that. I'm living I. 550sq.ft. with my girlfriend and I still manage 4 gallon BIAB batches.

+1 to that. I'm living I. 550sq.ft. with my girlfriend and I still manage 4 gallon BIAB batches.

Back