Anyone wanna suggest a Grain Mill?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snafu

Reaction score
I'm almost done buying most of what I need, but I think I want to add a Grain Mill to my list. Something to run into a 5 gal bucket and power with a drill. I've seen several on the net but I'd like to hear whats tried and true!

No contest.

Barley Crusher.

The rubber footings fit snuggly inside the rim of a 5-gallon pale.

It comes out of the box, ready to use.

I opted for a few extra dollars to get the 15# bin. Glad I did.

Crusher_2.jpg

Crusher_3.jpg

Another plug for the Barley Crusher here! I've used one for about 6 months now and have had zero problems. Very nice unit, and delivers a very nice crush. Very good price considering the mill is fully adjustable and comes with the ability to attach it to a drill/motor.

+1 on the BC. Just do it. It will be one of the things that you use for years, and every brew you will say "I love this thing"

Name ANYTHING else that can bring that kind of response -- Ok, excluding anything at Adam & Eve :p

I love my Barley Crusher. I've probably put a total of 3-4 full sacks of grain through it. It's a workhorse.

The barley crusher looks good. Does it come ready to use? Any extra 'stuff' needed? Will the drill connect right up to it?

Are ya'll using the factory settings or tweaking it? I've never used one so not real sure what the finished product should look like. Geez, I've never ever really paid that much attention to what the grain looks that I have crushed at my LHBS. get distracted by the smells :cross:

The factory setting delivers a great crush, but many people like a little smaller gap. Get yourself some feeler guages from the auto parts store, for about $5, and you can adjust it to whatever gap you would like. Shameless plug - Barley Crusher

Ed

and hey, gotta love that shamless plug BrewMaster, your .02 cents cheaper than the factory. (your S&H was way better! You'll be hearing from me soon!

Well, I opted for the Barley Crusher, just got it in today! :rockin: Thanks to the guys out at Brewmaster whse, ordered it on Saturday and on the porch Wednesday! I only got the 7lb hopper but I think it will be fine. Can't wait to try the first AG brew. Hopefully next weekend. :D

You are going to love it. The Barley Crusher is a great piece of equipment. You are hard pressed to find anyone say anything bad about it.

Thanks for the order,

Ed

Back