Anyone using Odiker Clamps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackcows

Reaction score
I need to run some new beer lines and clean up some old lines and I am thinking about using Odiker clamps for a little cleaner look. I have been looking on eBay for the last few weeks and some deals can be found on some groups of clamps. According to the NB catalog I would need "170" for 5\16 line and "145" for 3\16 or 1\4 beer line. Does anyone know if 145 mean 14.5 mm and 170 means 17 mm....its seems as though it does but I want to make sure.

Anyone else using them? Any opinions?

Mike

have them, use them, love them.
I know the ones I have for gas line say "17.0" or "15.7" on them.
The beer line ones are "13.3"

my gas in 5/16 ID and 9/16 OD
Beer is 3/16 ID and 7/16 OD

(tho I'm thinking about redoing some things in my keezer and changing the gas line to 3/16 ID also, partly so they are more flexible and partly to keep all lines/parts/connections universally sized)

Oetiker clamps are great IMO for tubing you don't plan to remove, like gas lines. Since I figure I'm going to change out my beer lines I prefer worm drive SS clamps or the plastic squeeze (forget the tech name) on clamps. So I use them for part of my installation.

If you do use Oetiker's , then get yourself a pair of cheap nippers from Harbor Freight for installing them.

I use them and love them myself. The Oetiker site has a catalog with the clamping ranges. I found it the easiest to measure the tubing OD and select a clamp with the proper range rather than try to interpret the information I found other places.
McMaster-Carr is where I bought most of mine, but eBay has a good selection as well sometimes.

i find the 15.7 size fits most tubing i use. some thinner 3/16"ID gas lines will use either 13.x or 14.x size. i just ordered a few of each size to begin with and figured out what worked from there, then ordered a bunch of the 15.7's.

Back