Anyone using Beersmith with Vista 64 bit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brrman

Reaction score
I have a new system that is running Vista64 bit and Beersmith does not run correctly. I get a bunch of error message popups with errors consisting of strange characters. Then my recipes are not there, and the program won't do anything at all.

I imagine this is not something I can't fix with a little digging, but just curious if anyone has had this issue?

thanks
bryan

I recently transfered all my Beersmith stuff to my new comp running Vista 64. I am not having any problems with it, but I re-installed Beersmith on my new comp and just transfered the recipes over.

Yes, and I have an issue! When I initially installed it, everything was fine. Then I suppose some update was automagically applied that is causing the problem.

The problem that I am having appears to be security related. If I open BS, and select a recipe that I have created, it crashes. If I right click and "Open as Admin" , it is fine. I AM the admin on my box, and I have disabled the security check thing.

Haven't had time to check it in further detail. But, once I run it as admin, life is good.

Back