Anyone TWITTER?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
I recently have been friending people on Facebook just because they are into the same crazy stuff I am. I have friends in other countries that I have never met.

I am evidently not using FB the way it is intended, and might be using it more like a twitter account.

Anyone care to tell me how to twitter?

;)

I know I can google it, but answers here are usually insightful and come from a perspective that is not alien to me.

Lol, I guess I don't want to tweet, but I would like to see what interesting people are tweeting.

If you are updating your Facebook status literally numerous times a day, twitter is for you. I am on twitter and have been for years. I follow more companies and such and I rarely tweet. In fact, many of my tweets are just pushed from untappd.

FYI Google+ has a pretty solid homebrewing/craft beer scene. And the "Circles" feature allows you to limit posting so posts only go to the people you put into circles. So I can post beer stuff to beer people, politics stuff to politics people, etc etc.

I am on twitter for the euro-soccer stuff. Europeans love twitter for some reason, so its really the best way to stay up to the minute on soccer news, rumors, etc... I also follow some homebrew people & commercial brew interest twitter accounts.

I think the comment about twitter being for narcissistic people is funny....considering Facebook is 100% people talking about themselves. Twitter isn't really about "status" updates. Its mostly the sharing of random thoughts, news, or an opinion on something.

I am on twitter for the euro-soccer stuff. Europeans love twitter for some reason, so its really the best way to stay up to the minute on soccer news, rumors, etc... I also follow some homebrew people & commercial brew interest twitter accounts.

I think the comment about twitter being for narcissistic people is funny....considering Facebook is 100% people talking about themselves. Twitter isn't really about "status" updates. Its mostly the sharing of random thoughts, news, or an opinion on something.

Pretty much agree. There are some people I have as friends on FB who quite literally tell a story all day long, day in and day out. If they're watching something, I see numerous updates. I pretty much never need to watch a certain TV show if I decide to read his Facebook. Turns out, that is slow for him as his twitter is about 50% more tweets than what I see on FB. Ridic.

Twitter has been my source for beer releases, not that I ever catch them quick enough, and news. Like I said, I follow companies and have even reached out to a couple if there were issues or questions. Kegconnection got back to me rapidly once when I couldn't figure out where my order was. So twitter has value in some capacity.

I don't actively tweet, I've been on twitter for years and have like 100 tweets and probably 60% of them are my untappd badges. I use it for news basically. Especially baseball and football news. It comes through way faster than on news sites.

I never tweet,but I have a twitter account to search for info. Lots of information and Lots of spam disguised as witty posts by celebrities....

USAir just had a great tweet in monday :)

Latest posts

Back