Anyone try Sierra Nevada's Rye IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hop2It

Reaction score
Looking to pick up some beers for this evening as I am in between batches and was just wondering if anyone had had this new seasonal yet. What's the verdict?

Ruthless Rye? Love it, although I wouldn't mind more rye in it. Think it was new last year. Brewed clone from the SN issue of BYO and it came out beautifully.

Yea if it's Ruthless, DO IT.

Easily one of my favorite rye beers. In fact, one of my favorite SN offerings.

I loved it last year. Not as impressed this year. Not sure if they have done anything to it, or my tastes have changed.

I loved it last year. Not as impressed this year. Not sure if they have done anything to it, or my tastes have changed.

Interesting, I haven't actually had it this year but remember it being great last year.

Love it! I have brewed the BYO clone 3 times. Slight variations on each batch. Upped the rye on my current batch and used Horizon for bittering, sample is really good. The spiciness of the rye and the horizon are giving a long spicy finish.

Agreed - last years tasted sharper, if that makes sense. This year's is still good, and Ruthless is one of my faves.

That said, wish I could find Tumbler somewhere... still can't find it - hope it didn't go away. :confused:

Agreed - last years tasted sharper, if that makes sense. This year's is still good, and Ruthless is one of my faves.

That said, wish I could find Tumbler somewhere... still can't find it - hope it didn't go away. :confused:

Tumbler is a fall season. Gotta wait til July/August unless you can find some shelf turds somewhere.

This is a pretty awesome beer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Home Brew mobile app

Okay ill try again, what an awesome beer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Home Brew mobile app

Latest posts

Back