Anyone Try Propolis Brewing (Port Townsend, WA)... Awesome Place!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdawg86

Reaction score
So I don't normally plug companies or products, but I just wanted to share my awesome experience with a brewery in Port Townsend, WA called Propolis brewing. This brewery is NOTHING like anything I have seen or been to as they exclusively do old world beers, saisons, and other wild fermented beers with local ingredients and ingredients you have probably never hear of (milk thistle in beer anyone?). It is ran by a husband and wife who do the sourcing, brewing, and serving who are really nice. When I looked at the menu I said "looks like you guys like your saisons!" and she jokingly replied if I asked for an IPA she would ask me to leave haha... what a refreshing experience. They had quite the lineup of taps from light refreshing to flanders style reds and even sour stouts. I didn't find a beer which I disliked!!! Anyways, if you want to step outside the box, give them a try if ever in Washington, or check out their pretty extensive distribution list. Again I am not in any way affiliated with them, but was really stoked to find them and wanted to share. Below is the picture of my 11 beer flight haha!!

Also they list alot of their ingredients, so if you are into old world beers then they can serve as some inspiration for recipes!

https://propolisbrewing.com/propolis-ales.html

20190525_145707.jpg

Last edited:
Next time I visit my daughter in Poulsbo I have a new field trip to make.

Yes I would do it! What's that like a 30 minute drive? Totally worth it. I just looked and saw a store I drive by for work carries their beer so I hope to score some later this week.

We're planning a road trip to PNW in a few months. Staying with friends in Anacortes, then heading to Olympic NP, so will be going right through there after taking the ferry. Will check it out!

Yes I would do it! What's that like a 30 minute drive? Totally worth it. I just looked and saw a store I drive by for work carries their beer so I hope to score some later this week.
30/45 or more depending on if the bridge is open or not. Looks like a few places to visit in the area, plenty to keep me busy.

Top-notch beer and great people too! They also frequent local farmer's markets if you can't make it out to the brewery.

Latest posts

Back