Anyone try Prazsky?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duvel

Reaction score
It seems to be invading my country at the moment in off-licenses (liquor stores for you yanks ;) ). I really like it, without a doubt my favourite lager. It's a czech beer and tastes just like Staropramen IMHO (it's made by them afaik).

Friend of mine works in an off-license and tells me people come in asking him if he's got any new/exotic quality beers. He'd point them to the Prazsky, they'd look at the excellent value price of it and say:
"Six cans for 7 euro! Ah here bud, I'm lookin for something with a bit of quality, y'know, like budweiser"

LIKE BUDWEISER!? What's wrong with these people!? It's overpriced piss-water! It's dissappointing how people equate quality with price. When it is not often the case..

IMHO, they were obviously speaking of Budvar from the town of Budweis (Ceske Budejovice) in the Czech Republic, not American Buttwiper.

7 Euros for a 6-pack? That's about $8.40. Pretty expensive. Not that I've paid less for better and more for less.

I just returned from Korea where I paid 8000 won (about $8) for just one Franziskaner Hefe Weizen...OK, I paid for a bunch of them. :D

homebrewer_99 said:
IMHO, they were obviously speaking of Budvar from the town of Budweis (Ceske Budejovice) in the Czech Republic, not American Buttwiper.
Indeed I'm sure ;)

homebrewer_99 said:
7 Euros for a 6-pack? That's about $8.40. Pretty expensive. Not that I've paid less for better and more for less.
Well they are 500ml cans, but for bud it's about €2.40 a can which according to xe.com is about $17.35 for a 6-pack. So you see why it might be seen as a "quality beer" by many the naive proletariate..

Back