Anyone try Lawson's Super Session #2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueHouseBrewhaus

Reaction score
Just got a six (cans) of this session IPA. One of my go to stores had a small supply stashed in the back. Lawson's brews it at the Two Roads brewery in CT. I'm really liking this beer. Lot's of great aroma and flavor at under 5% ABV. I would love to do a clone but can't find much information. Anyone else tried this?

I actually have a 12 pack (well 4 left but still) in my fridge, I picked up a few weeks ago while I was up in Burlington. Truth be told, I didnt know the canned before this let alone at TwoRoads, as all my Sunshine and DS's have been in bottles. Spot on description, super sessionable, very aromotic, hoppy but not a palet-wrecker, very well balanced!

If you ever get a chance, grab their Maple Imperial Stout. Hands down, best imperial I've ever had, but be warned it sneaks up on you!

I didn't really care for this when I had it on tap in hamden a few weeks ago on tap- nice aroma but I found the mouthfeel to be very thin and just a huge let down. Love sip of sunshine, but I am finding a just don't care for session IPAs. I would rather drink a highly hopped pale ale if I can't find a regular ipa or a nice dipa

tried it at phish this past weekend. nothing outta this world but great session beer.

I didn't really care for this when I had it on tap in hamden a few weeks ago on tap- nice aroma but I found the mouthfeel to be very thin and just a huge let down. Love sip of sunshine, but I am finding a just don't care for session IPAs. I would rather drink a highly hopped pale ale if I can't find a regular ipa or a nice dipa

Totally agree with this. Had it on tap here in Newtown, CT. Okay, but nothing special like Sip O'.

SoS is definitely great stuff and I prefer regular (or double) IPAs. But I also like having a lawn mower brew that actually has some flavor and kick unlike your standard BMC or even a decent lager. One that I can down a few without getting wasted. I found the Super Session to have more flavor and aroma than other session IPAs I've tried.

I also totally agree with this. I had it a couple weeks ago on draft in Montpelier, VT at 3 Penny. I love the sunshines (Sip, Double etc.), and while I did find this one to be nicely aromatic I thought it was thin and I kind of gave up on session IPAs too. It might have been context though because I had just drunk a can of Focal Banger and my taste buds just might have been obliterated. One thing I have found to be true when I'm at places like the 3 Penny Taproom or even Hill Farmstead is that when I try a bunch of super hoppy beers in a row I loose my perception of taste almost immediately. I have brought home growlers of beer that I didn't like at the brewery and later immensely enjoyed. So, while I was disappointed with Super Session 2, I'd be open to trying it again on its own.

Back