anyone on california or oregon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterfuse

Reaction score
me and two of my mates are heading to the states for a while march and probably travelling down the west coast. Maybe i could bring some of my brews over and do a swap with someone? i never get the chance to do that at home.

Man, if it was earlier than March i would have said i am down, but i am heading out to Deutschland just then. There are plenty of good brewers on here from Oregon that i can think of so i am sure someone will be willing.

I am in Oregon and looking to join up with the Oregon Brew Crew this month. Perhaps if the timing is correct (and with club blessing) come to a meeting and swap some brew. I will have to see what I can find out once I attend a meeting.

If not with them or the timing does not work out, then we can try and set something up to swap or taste brews as well.

that would be cool GaryA, originally we had planned to rent a car in portland and drive down south but i think were just gona fly between a few big cities now which makes it a little harder to travel around.

when im in oregon ill mostly be at linfield college in McMinnville as i went there two years ago.

Amazingly the Mrs and I were trying to figure out a way to go to Ireland this year for our 15 year anniversary but it doesn't look like we are going to be able to afford it. I guess you will just have to bring some of Ireland to us.

Being in McMinnville will add a bit of a challenge since you will kinda be out in the sticks but Im sure we can work something out.

GaryA said:
Amazingly the Mrs and I were trying to figure out a way to go to Ireland this year for our 15 year anniversary but it doesn't look like we are going to be able to afford it. I guess you will just have to bring some of Ireland to us.

Ditto to that.

Peter, we live about 25 east of Los Angeles. Would love to have you bring the blarney to us. PM if interested.:mug:

Edit: Saw on your profile you love Top Gear. One of my all-time fave shows!!

My home-away-from-home, Golden Valley Brewing is in Mac. I don't know what I'll have around, but I suspect there will be some of Mark's Black Panther stout available. I should be in the area.

You really should stick to your original plan. Take your camping gear, rent a car and head south on Hwy. 1, you will be able to stop and sample some of Oregon and Ca. finer breweries. There are awsome state and private campgrounds all along the coast. If you are not into tenting there are cabins available.
Nothing like picking up a couple of 12 paks of the local brew just before pulling into a campground in the Redwoods. Settling down with a warm fire, a bottle of single barrel bourbon and a nice California Pale Ale. jmho.
AP

So you're coming from a country that's known for it's damp, cold, and constant drizzle, to the US. The part of the US that's known for it's damp, cold, and constant drizzle. :D I think you should definitely do the road trip. There are tons and tons of places to camp in the northwest and it would be a lot cheaper than hotels, that's for sure.

By march I should have a few brews to send along with ya.

yeh well were booking the flights option instead tonight and putting vegas into the trip now. i loved oregon. i knew some people from Gresham at my college.

Latest posts

Back