Anyone need a really big beer fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great googly-moogly. That's a LOT of lagering space. You could brew DAILY for over 6 months without running out of room for your carboys. Couldn't mount taps on the doors though. :(

waskelton4 said:
if you could managed to carefully cut or drill the glass that would make for a SWEET behind the scenes view..
I was researching homebuilt kegerators the other day and i came across a site for a guy that refurbishes old fridges and really makes art out of them. One ofhis concepts is shown at http://www.craigerator.com/SE7.htm.

It seems to be what you are talking about (take away the alien and stuff). I think that would indeed be interesting. The only problem I can forsee is that you can't use clear beer lines as the light inside the case would skunk whatever sat in the lines.

There's a company in AZ that uses a special tempered glass that can be cut in any shape.

They use it to cut doggie doors into sliding glass patio doors, (called Arcadia Doors here in Phoenix.)

So cutting holes for tappers is not unreasonable if you're laying out 19K.

It'd be like PC Case Modders.

I can just see hollowed out led rope lights for beer lines and a plexi window in the corny.

Um, you guys do realize the the compressors for those bad boys would take up a room about the size of a one-car garage, right?? Not to mention to electrical equipment. Still, it's nice to fantasize........:rockin:

I've got the 2 door version and it holds 3 fermenters perfectly.....

Bigfridge3.jpg

Back