Anyone listen to Clutch?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! good band!
My band has been messing around with playing this song for a while.

Love Clutch, saw them some years back in a super small venue, they do put on a good show.

I've seen them live several times. Amazing. If you haven't seen them live before, be prepared for extended jams. It's not just songs reproduced from the albums.

I am seeing them at a TINY venue here in Ft. Lauderdale. They are coming with Maylene, who is also epic.

Last edited by a moderator:
DAMMIT!!! I had a few opportunities to see them when I was living in VA years back, but passed. I've been kicking myself ever since. I just looked at their US tour schedule and it looks like I'm still out of luck. I'll be working a CRAZY schedule from the end of this month until the middle of May and that's when they will be touring anywhere near driving distance from me.

I love Clutch and REALLY want to see them live.

I missed the Boston House of Blues show at the end of December... This time around I get to see Vinnie Paul open up....sick...

Elephant Riders changed the way I thought of riding elephants.

True story.

100011 110101

I love this band. Seen them a few times, last was the House of Blues show in Boston when they did the whole self-titled album, start to finish.

image-1406467695.jpg

Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel.

Next time clutch comes to town i'm going. I'm been listening to the self-titled album alot lately. My favorite is Blast Tyrant. Thats the album that got me into them.

"little grey men are coming our way. (Taste just like chicken they say)"

That album is too catchy

Clutch will be here on 3/22. Finally a show that's not on a school night! I don't even know how many times I've seen them, it's a bunch though! A few weeks ago I decided to name all of my beers after Clutch songs. I got Profits of Doom Pale Ale in the kegerator with One Eyed Dollar Dunkelweizen in the fermentor!

Clutch is hands down my favorite band of all time. I actually have a couple of tattoos that were inspired by their songs. I've got a giant elephant with a civil war soldier riding it on my shoulder and a praying mantis (Pity the mate of queen mantis, so content but so headless) on the inside of my arm that goes from my arm pit to my wrist. And one of these days a ship of gold will be tattooed on my right side rib cage.

Love me some CLUTCH!

another big clutch fan. i'm lucky in that the band is more or less local to me. they play the DC/B'more area several times a year. i catch them as often as i can.

clutch makes your beard grow. brewers brew better beer when bearded. hence, listening to clutch makes you a better brewer. it's a proven fact.

on the off chance that anyone here doesn't already know - new belgium did a collaboration beer with them
http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/detail.aspx?id=2776aec8-790e-4f38-a53e-8a42d914ab81

I did not know about that beer. That's awesome! All of us Clutch-heads should see if we can figure out the recipe.
i think it would be pretty hard to clone. it's two beers in one, so twice the effort, and who knows what they soured with.

the few people that i know who tried it said it wasn't that great. i know a few clutch-heads who bought bottles just as collector's items.

sweetcell said:
i think it would be pretty hard to clone. it's two beers in one, so twice the effort, and who knows what they soured with.

the few people that i know who tried it said it wasn't that great. i know a few clutch-heads who bought bottles just as collector's items.

I have to say, I bought a bottle, if nothing else, to have as a fan/collector. I would've liked to have gotten a couple, but was only lucky enough to get one.

After sitting on display a couple months, I couldn't help the urge to try it, as I do enjoy a good sour (love some Jolly Pumpkin).

I was pretty disappointed in the beer, and I hate to say, but I couldn't finish the bottle. Although I keep the empty bottle (its Clutch!?!), it pains me to say that I didn't like the beer. Love New Belgium, love Clutch, and rarely dump a beer, but this one just didn't cut it for me.

The new Clutch record is out in case you haven't heard it...

Sounds pretty good so far!

EDIT: It comes out on the 19th.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do my fellow Clutch heads think of the new album? I've been jamming on it at work today. I really like the music but the lyrics in some of the songs are almost too "smart." That's one thing I've always liked about the band, the lyrics are usually really smart and well thought out. They really tell a story. But this album they almost seem too smart, if that makes sense. And one song in particular D.C. Sound Attack! is very political, but it sounds awesome!

Overall, I really like the album. Some of the songs are very close to sounding like the Elephant Riders album (my favorite). I'm glad they got away from the bluesy stuff they've put out on the last few albums.

Let's hear your thoughts!

What do my fellow Clutch heads think of the new album? I've been jamming on it at work today. I really like the music but the lyrics in some of the songs are almost too "smart." That's one thing I've always liked about the band, the lyrics are usually really smart and well thought out. They really tell a story. But this album they almost seem too smart, if that makes sense. And one song in particular D.C. Sound Attack! is very political, but it sounds awesome!

Overall, I really like the album. Some of the songs are very close to sounding like the Elephant Riders album (my favorite). I'm glad they got away from the bluesy stuff they've put out on the last few albums.

Let's hear your thoughts!

I have yet to hear the entire record but what I've listened to so far is pretty solid. First impressions are it's definitely far from my favorite Clutch record but, like I said, haven't had the chance to give it a few spins yet.

Transnational Speedway League will probably always be my favorite. I agree on the bluesy stuff, wasn't working well for them at all although I really did like Blast Tyrant quite a bit.

I think this is some of the best they've put out in a while. My "go to", for the past couple years has been Robot Hive: Exodus, and Beale Street has a bunch of great songs, also. I was a little disappointed in Strange Cousins, but Earth Rocker....wow! The music is solid, and the more I listen, the more I like Neil's vocals on each track. Great guitars, awesome bass lines, and the drums....c'mon, its effing JP!

I don't listen to much new music out there, but if someone wants to bring rock back, I think this album makes a strong case.

To me, Clutch had gotten away from a typical rock format, over the years. I love what they've done, and they're truly in a league of their own, blazing their own path in music, unconcerned with what trends may be popular. I think this CD gives you a punch in the face, "We still know how to throw down", kind of vibe. It's totally worth listening to.

Can't wait to see them on 4/20!

Big fan of Clutch, seen them in Detroit a few months back, awesome show. My faves are Pure Rock Fury and Jam Room, I play bass and appreciate the groove Maines and JP put out.

Add another Clutch fan. I sort of lost interest after Blast Tyrant but I never really turned away. I have seen them live I think 4 times, always a great show! Perhaps their new album can spark my interest once again.

Back