Anyone know where to buy siphon tube for 50lbs co2 cylinder?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewJersey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking on Amazon/eBay and googling in general and cannot find this.
I bought a 50lber without one and would rather not turn it upside down to fill my lil 5lbs tanks.
Any help appreciated.

Would it be possible to just store it upside down? I hope that isn't a stupid suggestion. That or strap it to a 2-wheeled dolly and just lay'er down after connecting your 5 pound tanks, then open the valves.

From what I know have heard, removing the tank valve might invalidate it for refilling :eek:
Just don't want to see you wreck that purdy 50 pounder. Maybe the gas supplier you take it to can either install a siphon tube for you or swap it out for one that already has a tube...

Edit: just wanted to add, I dunno what kind of thread sealant is used for installing the valve, but normal teflon tape has a pretty low pressure rating when it comes to gas service, definitely not 800+ PSI.

Last edited:
Maybe the gas supplier you take it to can either install a siphon tube for you or swap it out for one that already has one...
That sounds like the best solution. Trading it for a tank that has one is likely the easiest. They may have to order a siphon tank from their warehouse or supplier. They're not that common, I doubt they have one in the yard. Only one way to find out: call around!

Mounting a regular one upside down, in some sort of cradle, should work. It's still a bit of a scary proposition, though.

I don’t know if all tanks/ valves are the same and can be modified, but this company sells them. Dip Tubes and Syphon Tubes | Tubes for Co2 Tank | JTC Valve Sales
Like mentioned above, modifications may void the hydro/ pressure test and make refills or the original fill in your case impossible. Some tanks come vacuum purged also and removing the original valve would negate that feature too.
Yellow Teflon tape is usually used on gas/ h̶i̶g̶h̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ threads.
P.S. if anything goes wrong, you didn’t get the above link from me. ;)

Edit: incorrect information

Last edited:
:oops:

1589337224281.png
1589337201740.png

I bet a fire extinguisher sales/service company could solve this...

Cheers!
Yeahhhhh and that is where I bought it.
I'll ask next time I go for a fill. Gonna be awhile.
I currently have it racthet strapped to an iron support pole in my basement. I have some scrap wood I can make a cradle of sorts and then strap it to same column upside down.
Maybe that'll be fine even.
Thanks, guys

Latest posts

Back