Anyone know any good kilju recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mason1031

Reaction score
Hi i might not be able to make regular red wine anymore since ill be moving into public housing soon and i need to drink on the cheap so if anyone can shar a kilju recipe that would be great

Cause im not gonna have alot of money im disabled and im only getting 310 dollars a month i could however add half gallon of juice in 5 gallon batch for flavor

It's not kilju, but here's a base recipe I'm still tweaking that generally tastes pretty decent and is super cheap: boil 2.5 gallons Tetley Orange pekoe tea plus 3 whole cloves for 30 minutes. Cool overnight with bags in then remove. Boil the other 2.5 gallons (minus 1 litre) add 14 cups sugar. Separately, boil 1 cup raisins topped up to 1 litre, cool and blend to a pulp. Add everything together when cooled enough to just be warm, add 2 tsp each yeast nutrient and energizer, and yeast (I use ec-1118). Ferment until gravity falls from an initial 1.060 to around 1.020-1.015, then cold crash until sediment drops, transfer to plastic soda bottles and allow to warm up and carbonate to full pressure.

It's basically a carbonated hard tea with raisin wine undertones at a price that can't be beat!

Back