Anyone interested in starting a Home Brew Club in the Toms River area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoplander

Reaction score
After thinking it over for a bit, I'd like to see if there are people in the area interested in starting a home brew club. Initially, I'd like to get all of those interested to meet up either for a brew day or at a local bar sometime in the near future.

We can hammer out details over a few beers but my basic ideas for goals would be :

- To meet new people that love to brew or are interested in learning. :tank:
- To promote home brewing and it's culture.
- To learn more about beer, beer tasting, pairing, judging, brewing techniques, and self-improvement in brewing through shared knowledge, experience and club activities.

If at all interested, let me know here or PM me.

Cheers :mug:
Joe

Thanks, Bender. So far, I haven't heard from anyone else that's interested.

Hope your brew day went well this weekend! Should be bottling my Honey Oatmeal Stout next week.

Brew day was good. It's bubbling away in the keezer.

I stopped by Bacchus today. They said they think the brewery opening next next door will sell HB supplies too.

That would be awesome. I had to go up to BA and they forgot to give me priming sugar. Last time they forgot my yeast :mad:

I'm in Brick and was interested in finding a club. I'm a relatively new brewer, but wouldn't mind getting together with some people.

So how does Tuesday, February 12th @ Tipperary Pub in Lakehurst sound for everyone interested (weather permitting)? We can meet there around 7:30pm and talk about what we all expect and maybe even set up a club brew day for March/April? Let me know.

-Joe

I should also mention, on Tuesdays they have buy 1 get 1 burgers, I think $3.50 domestic drafts (I believe that includes domestic craft and micros) and karaoke later on in the night, should you be so inclined.

Also, if you have friends that are interested, even if they haven't brewed yet, bring them along. Maybe we can all help demystify the process for them.

So how does Tuesday, February 12th @ Tipperary Pub in Lakehurst sound for everyone interested (weather permitting)? We can meet there around 7:30pm and talk about what we all expect and maybe even set up a club brew day for March/April? Let me know.

-Joe

I should also mention, on Tuesdays they have buy 1 get 1 burgers, I think $3.50 domestic drafts (I believe that includes domestic craft and micros) and karaoke later on in the night, should you be so inclined.

That sounds pretty good. 7:30 might be a little early for me, but I would probably make it by 8. So how many people are you looking at so far?

jetsfan4ever80 said:
That sounds pretty good. 7:30 might be a little early for me, but I would probably make it by 8. So how many people are you looking at so far?

Should be 5 or 6 including myself.

So it looks like we'll have about 6 or 7 people meeting up this Tuesday. It's a much better start than I originally expected. I'll see everyone on Tuesday night. I'll probably hang out outside until a few people get there and it should be pretty easy to find the table of people talking about beer after that.

Cheers,
Joe

So it looks like we'll have about 6 or 7 people meeting up this Tuesday. It's a much better start than I originally expected. I'll see everyone on Tuesday night. I'll probably hang out outside until a few people get there and it should be pretty easy to find the table of people talking about beer after that.

Cheers,
Joe

I'll probably be late. Hope to be there by 8:00.

My navigation unit couldn't find this place orCounty Route 547. If anyone else has the same problem the street address is:

2313 RidgeWay Blvd
Lakehurst, NJ 08733
(732) 323-0007

So for anyone that isn't here yet, management was nice enough to give us the room on the right hand side when you first come in. We'll most likely be the only people in there.

did you people any progress on starting a club. Was working that day so could not get there .

chltlab said:
did you people any progress on starting a club. Was working that day so could not get there .

Some progress. PM me your email address and we'll add you to the email list.

Just put an announcement up via the Google Group. If you're not on there, there's going to be a brew day this sunday starting @10am. If you're interested, PM me for the details.

So for anyone that's not on the email list, we'll be meeting this Tuesday March 12 @ Tipperary Pub starting around 7:30pm. There's a chance we might have visitors from the new micro startup in Toms River, Blackthorn Brewery.

Confirmed: Chip and Jason from Blackthorn Brewery will be joining us tonight. Hope everyone can make it out.

Next meeting will be next Tuesday, April 9th at Tipperary Pub. I will stop in tomorrow night to avoid the confusion that we had last month. As always, 7:30pm. If you can't make it right at 7:30, don't worry about it. We'll have plenty of beer and hamburgers to keep us occupied :mug:

Hope to see everyone there!

Back