Anyone in Miami or South Florida?!?!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bx Beer Depot kicks butt. I find that most of their stuff is actually less costly than internet stuff when you factor in shipping. Plus, I feel that there is an added dimension of value in that Corey and the rest of the staff keep me from buying stuffI don't need. Add in the spring of knowledge, the community, and being able to throw back a couple of cold quality brews while you're shopping and its pretty much a no brainier.

I have been to BX and they are beyond friendly. I go to Funky Buddha now because it is so close. Prices at both are a little higher than on-line, but factor in shipping and difference starts to drop away. Plus as some others have said, buy local. If we want these people to survive we need to support them. I have not been down Brew box yet, but look forward to a visit. I guess I just go to these stores at the wrong times, usually just me and the employees.

Martin

You mean brew box down in south miami? They were closing last time I checked, their facebook page mentioned it a while back.

Yeah it's unfortunate south florida seems to be full of dependent individuals on pre-packaged goods and services. It seems its generally beneath them to do something for themselves. This is why these diy or hobby community based services tend to not stick around for much time.

I haven't had a real chance to brew in the last few months. But I generally get my grain and supplies from brewmasters warehouse or AHS.

I was here scorching my brain studying some Physics with Calculus...and I decided to take a break, and ask if anyone in this forum is located in the Miami area or South Florida?? If so, is there are brewry supply store you buy your stuff from? Or do you just buy of the internet like me?? Im personally tired of having to pay shipping everytime I wanna brew!!!

Oh yeah, and any great brewery in town other than hops, or gordon's ext...?

"Brew on my friends, brew on..." :mug:
Miami Beer and Wine Makers Warehouse

9500 NW 79th Ave. Suite# 8
Hialeah Gardens, FL 33016

(305) 817 - 1711

www.miamibeerandwine.com

Ive been to Miami Beer and Wine in Hialeah Gardens, its a great store, lots of supply and equipment. Staff is very friendly also.

Daddy Brews in South Miami just opened up. Jacob over there is a great guy and helpful. Started up maybe a month ago (maybe longer). He has most stuff and if not he will order whatever you need.

I don't know about the number of home brewers in Miami, but it seems to me that there is a very active home brew community in the Sarasota/Tampa/St. Pete area. If your ever in the area, check out Southern Brewing in Tampa (I don't work for Southern Brewing, but have had very good customer service there)

Interesting no one mentioned The Funky Buddha Lounge & Brewery homebrew store. http://www.thefunkybuddha.com/
It's in Boca filled with some knowledgable folks. I've never been to the others mentioned here. For someone that lives in Broward it works out for me. Another place i'd recommend is Brock's Homebrew Supply up in Melbourne. http://www.brockshomebrew.com
I recommend them because if you order from them online and live in florida the turn around time for UPS ground is next day. Called there once i had trouble ordering and spoke to Brock not sure if he was "the" Brock but he was nice and knowledgable also ready and willing to share that knowledge.

Daddy Brews in South Miami just opened up. Jacob over there is a great guy and helpful. Started up maybe a month ago (maybe longer). He has most stuff and if not he will order whatever you need.

I went to Daddy Brews yesterday, it is a great brew shop! A+ I'll be going back for sure. We really needed this in the area!

Back