Anyone have a Garmin NUVI 1300?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBeer

Reaction score
I've been really happy with my Garmin Nuvi 1300 since my wife gave it to me as a Christmas present. That is, up until yesterday. I used it to get to a place about an hour from home to pick up some parts for my dad's sailboat, and while trying to power it back up to find my way back to the highway, it started doing something strange. It powers up, shows the Garmin name, does this weird little white flash, and turns itself off. It keeps repeating this cycle until I power it off. I tried all of the reset functions that Garmin recommends, but nothing seems to help. Can't find the receipt, so I'm worried that I'm screwed, even though it's only 5 months old. It's never been dropped, and I keep it in a fleece case. No idea why this happened. Does anyone else have one of these, and have you had one of these issues?

I'm stumped.

Do you keep it plugged in all the time? I have two power outlets in my truck, one is hot all the time which is the outlet I plugged mine into. My Garmin (1240?) was doing weird stuff like that for awhile, and it stopped when I plugged it into the other outlet. I don't know why, but it just seems to work that way. Maybe that might work?

I thought about that. I switched it back and forth between three different power outlets in my 4Runner. This was actually the first time I used it in the truck - usually have it in my Impala. Maybe there's something weird about the power outlets, but I sort of doubt it. The red light in the plug was on when I had it plugged in, so I assume I was getting power. I'll try it in the Impala tomorrow just to be sure. Thanks for the idea.

Latest posts

Back