anyone got a lite beer recipe to use with wlp005 British ale yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewertodd

Reaction score
Hi all. My wife doesn't drink the beers I make, (I'm a big porter, stout fan) so, I told her I would make her a light beer. She likes bud light lime, so I'm looking at making something that has a little better flavor, with the lime. I have some wlp005 on hand, so I thought if I could make a lighter beer, and put some lime flavoring in itx she would be getting better beer, and it would have the lime taste in it also. So, any ideas, recipes? Also, looking to do this all extracts, or extract with specialties. Thanks for the help.

Hi all. My wife doesn't drink the beers I make, (I'm a big porter, stout fan) so, I told her I would make her a light beer. She likes bud light lime, so I'm looking at making something that has a little better flavor, with the lime. I have some wlp005 on hand, so I thought if I could make a lighter beer, and put some lime flavoring in itx she would be getting better beer, and it would have the lime taste in it also. So, any ideas, recipes? Also, looking to do this all extracts, or extract with specialties. Thanks for the help.

I think it would be really really hard to get the lime flavor right in the beer. Using zest might work, but it might end up being bitter. I'd make a light cream ale, and just serve it with a lime.

Cream ales are really easy- extra light DME, corn sugar, and/or rice syrup or rice syrup solids. Another idea is a recipe I was just looking at this morning: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f57/honey-lite-lager-55286/ Of course, you're not making a lager but I think I'd make something like that, or very similar, because it looks very light and quaffable.

What about a Mild, or a Bitter? I'd suggest not putting in the lime, and adding a lime wedge to taste in the glass. That way if the lime gets in there it can't be the cause of the whole batch being a dud.

Back