Anyone familiar with the spigot washer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found this website theamericanhomebrewer.com and bought one of their deluxe kits. Everything is cool and the price was he best I could find online except I'm not sure if the washer for the spigot goes on the outside of the bucket or the inside. Kinda new at this stuff so if anyone could help out that would be great. The spigot came in a little bag in the bottom of on of the buckets with a plastic nut and a washer. Thanks

Mine has two gaskets, one on the inside and another on the outside. If you only have one gasket, I would put it on the inside. Either way, make sure you leak test with a full bucket of water before attempting to fill it with beer.

Same goes for me. I have 2 rubber washers. That sounds funny. Anyway, one on the inside and out. I would go inside if you only have one tho.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Yeah, only got one washer. They have a 24 hour help line which I called last night (at around 8:30pm) and I thought for sure no one was going to answer, but sure enough someone did. The dude told me they ship with only one gasket and that was all that was needed and that it goes on the inside. Leak tested it last night, everything is cool!

Back