Anyone else harvesting yet? (May 2012)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_JP_

Reaction score
Due to our exceptionally mild winter here in ATL, my 2nd year Centennial [EDIT: Chinook] has taken off and is days away from its first harvest. Cones aren't quite there yet, but very close! I had sticky fingers after plucking it!

Anyone else? Texas guys?

PS - my other hops (other than Zeus) aren't even sprouting cones yet so don't think I'm nuts.

P5110363.jpg

P5110365.jpg

P5110366.jpg

P5110357.jpg

P5110358.jpg

that's awesome! my 2nd year centennials are growing very well, 10 + feet already, with side arms sprouting out. hopefully i'll have cones soon too.

The cross section looks fantastic! Awesome pictures and congrats, hope you get a two-for-one on harvests.

Just as a side note....... The way you posted those pictures adn sliced that cone open reminds me of High Times magazine. Friends all had those mags in high school and thats what their "centerfolds" looked.

And for the record my Cascade, Centenials are doign great but my third year Willamette is only an inch out of the soil. I've never had harvest from it. I dont understand it. Everythign else grows in Kentucky, other than Willamette.

Just as a side note....... The way you posted those pictures adn sliced that cone open reminds me of High Times magazine. Friends all had those mags in high school and thats what their "centerfolds" looked.

And for the record my Cascade, Centenials are doign great but my third year Willamette is only an inch out of the soil. I've never had harvest from it. I dont understand it. Everythign else grows in Kentucky, other than Willamette.

I've killed 2 Willamettes.... last year. Bought another one this year and hoping for the best. Maybe they don't like the heat?

My willamettes were the first of all my hops to sprout and grew tons of leaves but still only stands 1 inch tall where as every thing else has now sprouted and is way taller and my willamette has not done any thing in weeks what the Hell is up with that I'm in southern mn by the way

Back