Anyone done a Mickey's extract clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTO_Guy

Reaction score
I told my boss that I would give it a try. Kind of a joke but he loves the garbage. I saw that there was an OE clone but he is just a huge Mickey's fan. lemme know what you got!

How'd the Mickey clone turn out? I have a friend challenging me and like to give it a shot. So I'd be interested in testing your recipe.

So this is for a small 2.5 gallon test batch so let me know your thoughts.

2# American 6-row
1.5# American 2-row
1.5# flaked corn
.5# CaraPils
.5# 20L crystal
.25# Vienna

.5oz Cascade for 60 minutes

Protein rest at 122F for 30 mnutes
Sacc rest at 151F for 60 minutes
Full whirfloc tab for 5min left in boil.

Cali lager dry with 1L starter.
Calucalted to be 5.9ABV% and Mickey's I think is 5.6%???
If there's not enough residual sweetness or the fermentation is off a bit I may add .5# DME during the secondary.

thoughts?

Isn't there honey in Mickey's, hence the bee mascot? Maybe sub honey malt instead of Vienna? Also, isn't Mickey's a lager, and the "malt liquor" is just clever semantics to get around the alcohol content??

In Texas and most states beer over a certain percent must be labeled "malt liquor".

Here is a simple Mickey's clone:

Boil 3lbs. of table sugar for 10 minutes in 1 gallon of water. Add to 4 gallons of urine (does not have to be human). Ferment at any temperature with S-05. Bottle and drink as fast as possible.

Hope that helps.

Back