Anyone brewed gone with the wheat?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonw22

Reaction score
Hi, im currently brewing my first gone with the wheat branded lager.

I have selected czech pilsner.

Does anyone have any tips or advise before i start?

Hey. Yes, I have. I have done the American lager and the strawberry one. Pretty straight forward. Just do as it says in the instructions and you can't go wrong. It's not amazing, but better than a kick in the teeth. Better to do your own hop schedule and use the sorghum for that. I'm not too keen on the liquid hops.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Hi, what do u mean by hop schedule?

Im sorry i put im about to start, what i actually meant was i have started this brew. Now 3 weeks in, fermentation seems quite slow.

Im currently on 1012 gravity from 1040. Seems to be sticking at this level now, any suggestions or just bottle?

This is first brew i have ever done :)

Ahhh, right. Well, 3 weeks in should be ok. Try it. If it seems ok, bottle it. It turns out a little sweet, anyway.

I meant using your own hops rather than the hop oil they put in the kit, and do your own schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Did you use your own hops, how did this tirn out?

Im up for trying any suggestion. What could i do with the hops instead of using the oil provided?

With the oil provided if i remember i had to pour into fermenter immediately.

Latest posts

Back