Anyone been to Munich?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntrikz

Reaction score
My job allows me free travel- Today I'm trying to get to Munich. Anyone ever been? Recommendations?
I'm already planning on visiting Hofbrauhaus and Spaten.

I was there 8 years ago. Honestly, a lot of the specifics are fuzzy at this point (unsurprisingly :drunk:). The Hofbrauhaus was a lot of fun, and I know we also went to Augustiner and some other ratskeller-style restaurant. I don't know if it was Ratskeller or something else, but they had a lot of Spaten products on tap.

As for non-beer-related activities, I definitely recommend a day trip down to Fussen and Neuschwanstein Castle.

The original beervana, before the PNW one. LOL.

If you want to cleanse your system with a salad for lunch, stay away from the "sausage salad".

Enjoy,

I saw a delivery at a restaurant today. They still use cornies to store soda syrup!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398584454.708383.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, all. The food here is absolutely life changing.

I went to Munich in 1985 with my high school German Club.

If you see Debbie Folk there don't buy her a Spaten. She is only talking to you to make Dan Vitale jealous.

Thanks for the suggestions, all. The food here is absolutely life changing.

If it's nice out, get over to the Englischer Garten and walk around. I had a pork shank (I think the call them pork knuckles there) that was fantastic!

-Prost!

I was there in the late 80(s). It is life changing. I still remember the taste of certain meals.

Back