Anyone add Oat Milk to Beersmith 2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't realized it was restricted to using weight, but it's not too terrible to convert.

If gravity is 1.046, which is the relative density in respect to water, then 1 gallon of it weights 1.046 * 8.3304 ~= 8.73 lb.

Obviously no idea on how it will influence SRM or anything like that.

View attachment Oatmilk.bsmx

Have you tried looking in the ingredient profile section to see if you can change the measures? I'm away from my copy of BS right now but you should be able to change that.

Have you tried looking in the ingredient profile section to see if you can change the measures? I'm away from my copy of BS right now but you should be able to change that.
Yeah I changed it to oz. That helps. It changes everything else though. But, you can change it to oz, input your amount, then change it back and it's convert it to the new measurement. I think I got confused based off of someones recipe online that used oat milk and some how used 96oz and only accounted for 14% of their malt bill. The SG of the oat milk is supposedly 1.046. The recipe itself only contained 6ish pounds of pilsner, 2 pounds of oat malt, 96oz of oat milk and was around a 5 gal batch, but to me these numbers just don't add up. Who knows, I'm probably missing something obvious here.

Back