Anybody help info about keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeDrewBrew

Reaction score
Hi
So i stumbled on the local free site and seen this keg for $10 but i dont know much about kegging and whats good so im looking for help.
He says it may be a 5 gallon.
also what else would i need to make this work besides co2 tank.
Thanks

Can't tell what style of coupler you will need, there are a few styles there is a kegging sticky on this site.
Also some shy away from using these for homebrew because of ability to clean easily. I wouldn't mind getting a couple just so it gives me areason to buy a commercial style coupler.

Can't tell what style of coupler you will need, there are a few styles there is a kegging sticky on this site.
Also some shy away from using these for homebrew because of ability to clean easily. I wouldn't mind getting a couple just so it gives me areason to buy a commercial style coupler.

Would you say this is a wise buy for a newbie brewer and kegger or steer clear and keep looking?
Thanks

If you build your system around sankey kegs you would be fine. Most homebrewers use cornelius (corny) kegs. The downside I see to that particular keg is finding the right freezer / fridge to fit more than 1. There are sankey kegs that hold the same volume that are taller and skinnier.

Would you say this is a wise buy for a newbie brewer and kegger or steer clear and keep looking?
Thanks

I would say if you got it for 10 bucks I would keep it. But I probably wouldn't start usin it for homebrew and start out using pin lock or ball lock kegs. But then again I don't have any experience using commercial kegs for homebrew.

For 10 bucks I would take it clean it out and hold onto it. Ifnyou decide after some more research this style wouldn't work come on here and sell it for twenty.

Hi
So i stumbled on the local free site and seen this keg for $10 but i dont know much about kegging and whats good so im looking for help.
He says it may be a 5 gallon.
also what else would i need to make this work besides co2 tank.
Thanks

That keg isn't going to cost you $10, it's going to cost you hundreds of dollars: fridge, taps, beer lines, gas lines, C02 tank, C02 regulator, couplers and so on. I suggest reading the stickies to see what you're going to get yourself into.

Back