Any Springsteen fans?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought the new disc, Magic. It is pretty good. This is my first Springsteen album--but I downloaded the single Radio Nowhere a few weeks a go and thought it was great, so I got the rest of it too.

Couple of songs really stand out, IMHO:

You'll be Comin' Down
Girls in their Summer Clothes
Livin' in the Future
Radio Nowhere

I never appreciated how strong his lyrics are.

Springsteen's writing is awesome. 5 album live set is fantastic - a little older now, but still stands the test of time.

I'd have to say Nebraska is my favorite boss album.

It's from way back, kind of sounds like he recorded the thing in his bathroom on his own, but a great album. Just him with a harp and guitar. Open All Night is a great tune to have in the car.

I just bought Magic, too, and I tell you it takes me back! This reminds me of "The River" and the old Boss. I saw him on the Today show a couple of weeks ago and he sang about 7 songs. I'm thrilled he's back touring with the E street band and I would love to see him in concert. I did like the acoustic stuff from Devils and Dust (is that the right name?) but I really love this new old sounding stuff.

heinz57 said:
It's from way back, kind of sounds like he recorded the thing in his bathroom on his own, but a great album.

That's close to being true. He recorded it at home and the master was a casette tape that he carried in his back pocket for several days.

There's an indy tribute to that album that's pretty good that I lifted back in the free-wheeling napster days. I might have to make that a legit purchase.

I saw him perform for the Rising tour and he was great. So much energy and he really looks like he is having fun. He opened with an acoustic version of Born in The USA (its on one of the bootleg albums) and it was really powerful. He has this guitar that sounds like a mix between a steel guitar and a sitar and it was really powerful. I heard people after the concert who couldn't recognize this version complaining that he didn't do Born in The USA.

If they wanted to hear Born in the USA, they probably weren't real Bruce fans. I saw him twice that tour (including the first show at Fenway), it was great but I was dissapointed he did the same set list at both shows. Tunnel of Love is a depressing but great album also.

rohanski said:
We can't let these old guys retire. Who whould fill their shoes?

Please don't say that! Bruce is one of the rare ones that seems to be timeless, but please, I wish the Stones, and Aerosmith and Van Halen and the boys would just die already. It just doesn't work anymore.

Anyone get into lyrics? This one from "You'll be Coming Down" is classic:

You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out
Then it's gonna get pretty cold out

olllllo said:
That's close to being true. He recorded it at home and the master was a casette tape that he carried in his back pocket for several days.

There's an indy tribute to that album that's pretty good that I lifted back in the free-wheeling napster days. I might have to make that a legit purchase.

How can I get my hands on it?

Springsteen? Not for like 10 years.

Hey little girl is your daddy home
did he go and leave you all alone? hmmmm hmmmmmmm
I got a bad desire
ohhhhhh ohhhhhhhh ohhhhhhhh I'm on fire.

Springsteen has been my all time favorite performer for many years. I definitely like him best with the E Street Band.
My favorite album is The River with Born to Run a close second. The first time I saw him live was 1980. Good memories. :mug:

Professor Frink said:
I like the new album too, much more than his last few (except the Seger sessions album - that's phenomenal).

+1,000,000

Everyone should own this one!
There is a version on ITunes called "We Shall Overcome - The Seeger Sessions (American Land Edition)"

It has 5 Videos along with it as well as some extra tracks not included on the originally released version.

One of the videos is a 43 minute behind the scenes of them recording many of the songs. It is a MUST SEE for any folk music fan especially Musicians!

Been a Springsteen fan since the early 70's, guess I'm showing my age. He's one of the Have seen him in concert several times, you always get your money's worth. All the albums are great, just some are better than others.

Back