Any Sam Adams Noble Pils clone ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legaleagle

Reaction score
Any thoughts out there on how to clone this beer? the SWMBO had some at a girls night out with her friends recently and wants to know if I can brew something like that. Since she urged me to get back into homebrewing after a several year hiatus, it would be bonus points for me if I could deliver something reasonably similar :D. Got a 6 pack of it today to see what it tasted like and it is a pretty smooth, clean light color lager with a nice fresh out-front hop flavor - kinda sorta like a hoppier Pilsner Urquell/Staropramen. Seems the trickiest part would be getting the right hops in the right amounts teased out. Here's what their web page says about the beer:

Samuel Adams® Noble Pils is brewed with all 5 Noble hops for a distinct hop character and fresh taste. Deep golden in color with a citrusy hop aroma, Samuel Adams Noble Pils is a traditional Bohemian Pilsner. The honeyed malt character from traditional Bohemian malt is balanced by delicate yet pronounced citrus, floral, and piney notes from the Noble hops. The winner of our 2009 Beer Lover’s Choice election, this beer was chosen by over 67,000 drinkers for its crisp complexity and refreshing taste.

Yes, check out the other two recent threads here on the same subject. There is one at the bottom of this page and another one from 02/14. ;)

Back