any one use blichmann's new propane burner?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amishland

Reaction score
floor_standing_burner__55858.jpg

77006-websmall.jpg

Any one own or use this burner yet?

It is a bit pricey @ $135 plus $35 for the leg lift kit
But it looks nice and sturdy. And I would like to gravity drain into my carboy

It looks to have a real nice wind screen built in, and can get flame close to a flat bottom kettle. But I have a converted keg.

I dont plan on getting a BE Stand.

This is the first that I've seen them. I'm not sure that I'd pay an extra $35 over a Banjo 210k just because it says Blichmann on it, but the stand would be a nice feature to have.

well i pulled the trigger on it. ordered from Rebel Brewer and got free shipping on Blichmann products.

I havent seen much at all as for reviews on this burner and stand, so I will take some pics and post some feedback on here in case any one cares.

I have three of them on my new BE top tier system. I put it together last week and brewed on it on Saturday. Very nice burners and overall a great system. The burner sides come up higher to block wind better than the Bayou version. Also, the adjustment knob for the flame is better than Bayou (I also have a hurricane burner). Not to mention the nice stainless metal, these are great if you don't mind the $$$.

The extra $$ is probably worth not having to deal with the crappy black paint on the Bayou. My Bayou has a distinct line where the paint has been burned off, which is now totally rusted. Think: "ring around the collar."

I need to do a clean up job on it one of these days, and repaint it with some rustoleum grill/stove paint to see if that works...

For what I paid for my Bayou Classic SP10 on Amazon, I can rust out three of them for what one of the Blichmann would cost. No thanks.

bringing this back from the dead, to give my short review that I promised in AUG09.

It was pricey but I think its worth it. I bought the leg extensions as well and I love it.
I enjoy the holes I use for sticking my stick lighter in for lighting it
I like the knob that controls the gas flow
I like that its body acts somewhat as a wind break
I siphon using gravity from it into my carboy
I like the extra long ss braided gas hose to connect to my propane tank.
I enjoy the 20psi regulator. Others that have the same large bayou classic burner with the 30psi regulator seem to have issues with there tanks getting to cold or running thru them too quickly.

It looks nice, and all my friends have burner envy lol.

Any one else buy one and like it or hate it?

i am considering getting this.

i have a crappy turkey fryer burner and rip through propane pretty quickly. i'm hoping efficiency of this may be better. i'd like the legs too, then i could gravity drain into a sankey fermenter without lifting the keggle on the table first.

any other comments from those who have used it?

Back