Any ideas on my sterling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there white powdery looking spots on the leaves? Near the yellowish ones?

My first guess is that grass is stunting them. Give them more space, fertilize, and water heavily. Then see if they take off.

My Sterlings look the same way. They must be more susceptible to leaf diseases than other varieties. If it were insects or leaf miners I would think the rest would have the same problems. My Cascade, Chinook, Columbus and Willamette are all planted in the same place and don't have the same issue.

My Sterlings look the same way. They must be more susceptible to leaf diseases than other varieties. If it were insects or leaf miners I would think the rest would have the same problems. My Cascade, Chinook, Columbus and Willamette are all planted in the same place and don't have the same issue.

Have you gotten any production from your sterlings yet? Mine are on year two maybe next year will be better

Back