Any ideas for a 2 month (beginner) mead/melomel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivorra

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am planning to do some mead in a couple of weeks and would like to have it ready for Holidays season in December. This is the first time I will do mead, and second time doing any brewing at all (I bottled my first quick crabapple cider some days ago).

I was wondering if some of you with more experience could share your favourite recipe? As the title says, I would be looking for a ~2 months time recipe from start to finish. Any type of meads are appreciated!

Also, I was planning to do a small batch, ie about 2-3 litres (0.5-0.8 gallons)

Thanks!

You might try making a low ABV traditional mead using a good varietal honey and back sweeten using the same variety of honey. Low ABV means that the mead will be ready sooner and a single good flavored varietal (tupelo, meadowfoam, even orange blossom) can carry the show without any need for any other flavorings, though some oak and possibly some additional acidity might bring this from good to delightful.

Back