any good beginner recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sturdy begger brewers

Reaction score
we are getting ready for our first brew i wanted to know if anyone had a recipe for a clone franziskaner or a hefe-weisse. If these are to complicated for beginners im open to any suggestions/recipes. thaks guys

sturdy begger brewers said:
we are getting ready for our first brew i wanted to know if anyone had a recipe for a clone franziskaner or a hefe-weisse. If these are to complicated for beginners im open to any suggestions/recipes. thaks guys

Generally boxed kits are usually what are noted to start with... that or canned (pure liquid) kits where u just boil and ferment. Generally you want to stray from many ingredients if possible, unless you are up for it.

I made a fantastic hefe by using wheat dry malt extract and 1 0z of hallertaur pellet hops and activator hefe yeast. Your local brew shop should be able to get you started with something like this. I would highly recommend using dry malt extract rather than liquid, but that is just my opinion.

Hefe would be a fine style to start with. Check with your local shop or one of the online retailers like Northern Brewer or Austin Homebrew for an extract kit. I would avoid the prehopped canned kits.

Back