Any Gamers Out there?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do not acknowledge this WoW talk of all yours....ill stick with my everyday computer game....SIM CITY....cuz i mean, thats the **** right there

Fallout 3 is the crashiest game I have seen in a long time it is very cool otherwise though. Hopefully it is patched soon.

So far, the limited amount I've played...nothings crashed yet. Still getting used to the gameplay as this is my first Fallout game. So far I gotta say, pretty freakin' awesome.

hows it play compared to the other two? is it more fps oriented? still have turn based combat, or is it real time now?

i'm only playing wow atm. the litch king comes out this thursday, and i'll have a snazzy death knight to run around with. blood elf chick death knights...:drunk:

It's a mix of real-time and turn base. The combat is in real-time but there is a VATS system where you can target specific points on your enemy. You can go between 3rd and 1st person mode. So far I've been 99% in 1st person mode.

update: for all of you 360ers who dont have GOW2, get it, it makes the time in primary go by so much faster and it also mixes very very well with beer. Im druck playing now.

My buddy brought GOW2 over the other night. I only played it for like 5 minutes and didn't really care for it. I prefer games more like Motorcorss/4 wheeler racing (PURE for 360 is bad ass), snowboarding(Want Shawn White's new one), car racing (the crazy stuff like NFS not the realistic stuff where you gotta fine tune engine and suspension components to compete). I don't get much time to play, so play is just what I want to do. I play Wii mostly with the wife. I do like war games online though for 360. It's just not that high on my priorities list so I don't spend much money on it therefore never have the games everyone is playing.

wow = crack addiction
My brother suffers from the addiction

Kudos for you all that can keep your playtime in check

I basically took the summer off. Too much to do on the house. I bet I didnt' really log in more than twice over three months. My buddies play lots more, and have leveled up past me twice. They created alts to play along with me, but when their first chars got to 70, they started questing with the alts and left me behind again. Now they are joining me with their thirds!

I'm looking forward to Guitar Hero: World Tour for Wii, but not sure we cna find it for xmas. Might have to break down and buy the PS3 version. I'd prefer the Wii one though, since we already have one guitar for it.

I play PS2, Wii, and PC

I'm still working through my stack of old PS2 S/RPGs that I've accumulated recently. If I see something at Gamstop/EBGames I pick it up. Regardless of the fact that I have at least 10 left to play.

I've also been playing NCAA 09 and GH:WT for the PS2 alot recently.

I'm waiting for Xmas to (hopefully) get some more Wii games, otherwise I just play Sports, and Trauma Center.

Every once in a while I'll play either of my 2 PC games... SimGolf and Civ 4, but those are dangerous for me because many a long night has been lost because of them.

Me and SWMBO are generally PC gamers, but dabble in the occasional 360 game.

WoW for a few years, did the High warlord grind three times... never did like burning crusade that much so I quit after arena season 2.

Now it's warhammer online for both of us.

swmbo and i played wow for a couple years. haven't played for about a year now, probably gonna start playing again soon though. have mor free time now, and just got a new computer. we were hardcore into it for awhile. my freaking 5year old son had a level 30something undead lock that he was playing. we'd all log on and go quest together. it was fun, cheap family entertainment.

Just recently dusted off the 360 again and am waiting to go and get GOW2, i'm still going back through Bioshock right now, and just recently stated playing Fallout 3 and GTAIV.

I've gotta renew my XBOX live but my gamer tag is Dirtmonkey08

I'm big time into gaming. Currently 15 hours into Fallout 3 and finishing up GTAIV. Next up will be Far Cry 2.

I used to spend tons of time on COD4 and Halo but I kind of lost interest in playing against 12 year olds. Now I stick mainly to solo games.

hows it play compared to the other two? is it more fps oriented? still have turn based combat, or is it real time now?

I'm currently OD'ing on Fallout 3 right now. Some say it's like Oblivion with guns(those people are wrong), so if you've played that the immersion style is similar. It absolutely hemorrhages 'end of the world' and I love it! The combat style is both FPS and turn based. You can either go in with guns blazing in realtime, or bring up the VATS system which can give you turns like in the first two fallout games. It's a pretty good concept, I think.

I don't like the random secret bonus CTD levels though. They do get a bit irritating at times. I think I've been playing it too much. I looked in the mirror, and saw a notice that said "You have become addicted to Fallout 3. See a doctor to cure the addiction" My doctor gave me the strangest looks....

I play mostly on PC but some PS2. Most of the games for thxbox360 are first person shooters which I'm not into. Have a Wii at work and that's more my type of games. I have played on-line but found I'm mostly playing against teens. No fun getting my butt kicked by a 12 year old. :D So, I play solo now.

i have a 360, play Call of Duty 4 & 5, Team Fortress, and NHL 09. Gamertag = Chaorta

Just so you know, all of you that included your gamer tags, i'm gonna go ahead and send you a friend request. it'd be wicked sweet to get some games going.

I got into the New Xbox Experience beta and it's pretty cool. Much better looking than the previous blade navigation system, and the Wii-like avatar system looks like it could be really cool for playing social games and getting together with friends online. The streaming Netflix component is pretty great too; watched MST3K streamed through the Xbox yesterday. It only had to stop and buffer once or twice, and I think that's mostly becuase my internet broadcaster only gets to B or G.

I play PC games- don't own a console. I went through a year of WoW addiction, then got bored with it. Right now I'm playing a lot of Fallout 3.

I also play RPGs (not rocket propelled grenades, but role playing games- the old school Dungeons & Dragons with paper and dice). I have a modern d20 game going.

PC GAMER here. have the old ps2 but only use it to play castlevania games on. As far as pc games go. I'm a big fan of day of defeat classic and source and also dabble in COD4 and WOW. anyone on steam or cod4 can find my tag name private_penguin and in WOW on Akama as Pengronck

Apparently the Zombie Mode itself in the new COD is worth the pickup of the game. You play co-op and barracade a house and destroy wave after wave of zombies. I've heard a lot of people talk about how much fun that mode is and how they haven't had as much fun playing a game in awhile.

Right now I am playing COD: World at War constantly. I love madden. I play all the splinter cells and rainbow6 games. This December I plan on getting into gears one and then working into gears 2.

If anyone wants to play a little COD coop, my xbox360 tag is PASSthe40

I have PSP and have been playing SOCOM 2 as of late...

I loved Fable and I'm sad that I sold my XBOX console, but meh, you do what you have to do. Perhaps this year we'll look into getting the Wii (parents have it and it's a load of fun) or perhaps a 360... or we'll continue to wait, perhaps there will be yet another new gaming console available.

It's amazing. My first time playing COD was last night and I am blown away with this game.

You guys liked it? It looks nearly the same as both cod2 and 3, with the addition of the flamethrower. Thoroughly UNIMPRESSED with cod5(ish). GOW2 is almost exactly like GOW, which is undebatably leaps and bounds ahead of the CODS.

I can't wait to get COD5....Im still playing COD:4 on PS3......its on of the best online games ...ever...

If you have PS3....my screen name is EDB101

playing fable 2 right now and i'm a little disappointed. it's fun i guess, but not as impressive as i'd hoped. the weapons are extremely limited, there is no armor to be had and the whole experience is just not that immersive. while there is more humor and a more playful feel to fable 2, i enjoyed oblivion more.

I've been a huge fan of COD4 multiplayer the past year or so, and just picked up GOW2. I'm still debating whether or not to get COD world at war but I probably will. My gamertag is the same as here: Big10 Seaner
Feel free to add me!

I play COD4 world at war, and regular COD4. World at war is a WW2 based version of the modern. It is loads of fun going up in rank.

I will add you. My id is: jpdangle

any ideas on the new games? fallout three is a little more involved that i thought it would be.

Yeah. If you tear through the main quest line, you'll be done in no time. I made it a point to visit every location, and I'm almost done with that. I'm well into the main quest line too. This game will suck you in.

everyone make a new avatar!

any ideas on the new games? fallout three is a little more involved that i thought it would be.

Left 4 Dead is mega fun. It is the first co-op online game I've found where people openly start to communicate, since going Rambo always gets you killed. Still some idiots on there, like all games, but in general it's not been too bad.

I'm having a hard time putting GOW2 back in because of this game. :rockin:

Im what you call a OSG (Old School Gamer). Played every system since Pong. Remember back in the days where video games only cost a quarter? Currently I am mastering Team Fortess 2 on the PC. Great co op game! The big game out right now that Santa needs to get me is Left 4 Dead for the PC. A good old multiplayer zombie game! Check it out here Left 4 Dead

Best part of the new Call of Duty: Nazi Zombies. Ya, it is as awesome as it sounds.

Back