Quantcast

Any eastern shore brewers?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

jleiii

Reaction score
Glad to see the thread revived (and in areas close to me)! Haven't found any homebrew clubs in the area. I live in Church Hill and work in Chestertown, 3 tier electric system (almost online), 8 tap kegerator w/ dedicated nitro and sour taps. I also have a 30 gallon oak barrel so looking for someone local-ish to do splits. In other words, good luck moving here, if you need a pit stop for a pint in between the house-hunting please stop by!
Thrillhouse, Church Hill is where we made the first offer! We're still hopeful the deal falls through for the other people. Looking at 2 this weekend, Henderson and Denton. We'd been casually looking for more than a year, and the Church Hill place kinda pushed us into making a commitment to doing it. Now we're backing off a bit, but still looking, till the next right place comes along. I'll keep the pint in mind!
I've been overworked and finally shaking off 8 weeks of cold/flu, and had no time to brew since early November, so I have nothing to share at the moment. Well, except a few bottles of an imperial barrel stout, but I'm trying to savor them. The Baltic Porter is reserved for an event, and i probably won't be brewing again till after we move.
My taps were limited to 2 with my original cooler, but I got a scratch and dent Danby 7.5cuft cooler cheap recently and planning a 3 tap using SS pipe. Got all the parts, but being sick for 8 weeks put a damper on the project, now it's on hold till after the move as I may reconsider all of it depending on the place we end up. I don't brew enough to keep more than 3 taps going, and may only have 2 going at a time.

jleiii

Reaction score
Time to check in again. We found a place in Rock Hall, a month after my last post, but didn't get in till last November. I still have to be in NJ pretty regularly so I've been hanging out with the club there when I can, but it would be nice to find some brewers in the Kent County area. At least a couple have checked in here in the past.
Due to the move and priorities at the new place, there's been no time for brewing yet. Although I did brew on Saturday for Learn to Homebrew day, with the NJ club. The club has been the starting point for at least 7 microbreweries in South Jersey area, and we hung out at one for this event, Village Idiot Brewery. We had a grand total of 3 people stop to check things out, which was a bit disappointing, but we had 5 people brewing, and had a blast anyway.
I'll be pouring pints of Dante's Dunkel in a few weeks.