Any Beers with long conditioning time

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royer1215

Reaction score
I am looking for a beer that has has a primary to bottling time of about 1 month. typically I deal in beers that are looking at about two weeks between primary, secondary and then bottling.

does anybody have a recipes, or suggestions on beers that would work well with waiting for about 1 month before bottling?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Well, it's absolutely no problem at all to leave any beer in primary for a month before bottling. In fact, if you look around at threads you'll see plenty of people recommending just that. So, if your schedule dictates that you can't get to bottling whatever your favorite beer is, then bottle it when you can get to it and don't worry.
However, as a broad general rule, any formula with a higher projected ABV(like over 6%) benefits from a longer stay in primary(and sometimes secondary).

I am looking for a beer that has has a primary to bottling time of about 1 month. typically I deal in beers that are looking at about two weeks between primary, secondary and then bottling.

does anybody have a recipes, or suggestions on beers that would work well with waiting for about 1 month before bottling?

Any feedback would be appreciated

I leave almost all of my beers in primary for a month. A month really isn't that long for homebrewing. Never used a secondary either.

Edit: Checking my brewlog spreadsheet, I average exactly 29.36 days in primary. I could probably shave a few days off this, but life gets in the way of bottling sometimes.

Anything I brew I just throw into primary for 3 weeks minimum. May take me to 4-5 or even 6 weeks to get it into a bottle. Another 3 weeks to carbonate and then drink.

Hasn't failed me yet.

Edwort's apfelwein I just started may take longer though....

I have gotten lazy etc and left beers in primary for 5 weeks + and have had no issues. A higher gravity beer might even benefit from a longer primary. I rarely secondary an ale.

I have gotten lazy etc and left beers in primary for 5 weeks + and have had no issues. A higher gravity beer might even benefit from a longer primary. I rarely secondary an ale.

do you generally just rack it into a bottling bucket and then bottle, or do you keg...

I always have done primary and racked into a secondary, and looking back I think i have left some higher gravity beers for longer 3+ weeks...

Thanks for all the feed back

Back