Anvil Foundry still tops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmac62

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a AF 10.5 and am interested in using it to distill. I know the t500 fits without any adjustments, but I was hoping to find a pot style. Also, the lid that it comes with has a hole for the recirculation hose. Can I use a stopper to close this when distilling. I have seen on the AF thread where someone has added a 2" TC to the lid and then you can add anything that can work with that. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :mug:

Tom, your the guy who put the 2" TC on the handle hole of the lid, right? I remember your post from the AF thread. Do you have a still attachment, and what kind? I think I need to contact Bobby at Brew Hardware, but I do want it to sit a little higher off the lid. maybe a 3" long TC fitting will work.

Hello I’m thinking of putting a 35# 3” column on top. Does anyone think it would hold it?

The lid should hold it, but it would be a little top heavy. I wouldn't leave it alone or tie it to something.

Tom, your the guy who put the 2" TC on the handle hole of the lid, right? I remember your post from the AF thread. Do you have a still attachment, and what kind? I think I need to contact Bobby at Brew Hardware, but I do want it to sit a little higher off the lid. maybe a 3" long TC fitting will work.

sorry I missed your question. I have a liebig condenser about 42” long. Works well for me. Mostly is used for wine that I don’t like...

Here you go:

1621396455719.png

Brew on :mug:

Doug, I like the alembic lid, but I'm not sure it will fit on the latest Anvil. Somethings online say it will and others say it won't. Also, not sure the dome lid is required. I believe the anvil lid is what is sent with the t500 boiler. :mug:

Doug, I like the alembic lid, but I'm not sure it will fit on the latest Anvil. Somethings online say it will and others say it won't. Also, not sure the dome lid is required. I believe the anvil lid is what is sent with the t500 boiler. :mug:
That dome fits the T500 boiler. So, if the Anvil is the same diameter, it should work fine.

Brew on :mug:

Back