Anvil Foundry 120/240 adapter cable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer Mike

Reaction score
So, I ordered the 10.5, and I'm prepping for 240v brewing. Watching their "New and updated Foundry" video on their website, it appears that the adapter is male 120v to female 240v. Can anyone confirm?

And, isn't that backwards? shouldn't it have a male 240v plug to go into a female receptacle?

Foundry adapter.PNG

I ordered my 6.5 and 10.5 before the change, and can't confirm. I've read this is the case, and if they are saying so, I am sure it's correct.

And it works, you can plug into 220 if you have it, or adapt down to 110.

I ordered my 6.5 and 10.5 before the change, and can't confirm. I've read this is the case, and if they are saying so, I am sure it's correct.

And it works, you can plug into 220 if you have it, or adapt down to 110.
Yeah, but isn't it standard for the appliance have the male plug? My dryer has a male plug, and I'm pretty sure the last electric stove I had had a male plug. If I wanted to plug it in to my dryer outlet, I'd need a male to male adapter. Do people have male receptacles in their homes to plug this in to?

LOL. Once you see it, you'll be like - oh, duh.

The Anvil has a male 220 plug. It goes into what is on the left side of your screen shot. The right side of your screen shot then goes into your 110 wall outlet.
Oh, Duh! I thought it came with the 110v, and the adapter converted to 240v. Thanks, Tracer.

AHA!! I had hoped to use the adapter with my 6.5 but was told by Blichmann that it would not work. I have puzzled over that for 3 weeks. Now I see why it won't.

AHA!! I had hoped to use the adapter with my 6.5 but was told by Blichmann that it would not work. I have puzzled over that for 3 weeks. Now I see why it won't.
Check this out. The inline GFCI he uses is no longer available, but someone in the comments had another source.
I decided to replace my 50 amp breaker with a 20 amp GFI breaker instead, because 50 is way to much for the Anvil.
Anvil Foundry 120v to 240v plug adapter DON'T CUT YOUR CORD!!

Latest posts

Back