Another Yeast Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRGSPE73

Reaction score
Hey guys, another quick yeast question for you. My recipe called for Wyeast 1335 (British Ale II), but the guy at my LHBS gave me Wyeast 1275 (Thames Valley). Any input on the differences (if any) that this might make on my final brew? I'm making a Canadian Red Ale (Yukon Arctic Red Clone).

Edit: just realized that this should have been in the recipes/ingredients section...my bad

-Josh

JRGSPE73 said:
Hey guys, another quick yeast question for you. My recipe called for Wyeast 1335 (British Ale II), but the guy at my LHBS gave me Wyeast 1275 (Thames Valley). Any input on the differences (if any) that this might make on my final brew? I'm making a Canadian Red Ale (Yukon Arctic Red Clone).

Edit: just realized that this should have been in the recipes/ingredients section...my bad

-Josh

Ive never used 1335, but 1275 is a one of my favorite yeasts and your beer should come out pretty good.

According to the Wyeast Web Site, the 1272 is less flocculent than the 1335, but has about the same attenuation and temp range. Your ale may end up slightly less malty than it would of with the 1335.

P.S. I moved your post for you.

Back