Another Texan Here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coog_Brew

Reaction score
Hello Brewmasters,

I see there are already a decent amount of Texans on here. I'm adding another Houstonian to the mix. I've read through plenty of threads in the last week and there's a plethora of great information on here from all over the globe. I'm glad I finally took the plunge and got into this home brewing business. I hope to have a couple of decent brews ready in time for football season.

I just started brewing my first 5 gallon batch last weekend. I started simple with a Cooper's Draught mixed with LHBS extract and some spicy/citrusy hops. I wish I had more details but of course I was just stressing to get everything exactly right that I threw out the packages. The batch has been sitting for 3 days and the instructions said 3-4 but after reading several threads I think I'll wait a bit longer to rack to the carboy.

Sorry for all the details in the intro thread but it feels good to finally get started making something. I'm already planning the next one. I look forward to getting some good advice on here. Salud!

Thanks everyone. I'm sure I'll have several questions in the coming weeks.

hendo,
I did indeed get my kit from DeFalco's. One of their guys was very helpful when I went in and helped me put together a package for my first brew.

Lufkin, here!

Been meaning to make it to Houston to check out DeFalco's, but, as of today, I've done all my shopping at Austin Homebrew.

Always awesome to have another Texan here to class things up! lol

Back