Another how’s my water thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donzi79

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
DEFCEAE4-2C54-4202-AD18-F3AA995F3EA8.png
Just got my Wards test back, and I have been reading and reading these water chemistry thread and I think I only only understand about 5% lol. So here it is, if anyone with the knowledge can tell me how my water is for brewing, what beers work best with it, any adjustments that would help, it would be much appreciated... thanks!

It’s great water for brewing.. a little acid to account for the alkalinity and you’re good to go.

Download bru’n Water and plug everything in, it’s incredibly easy.

Awesome thank you....I should of mentioned that it’s Lake Huron/St Clair River water just north of Detroit but on our own water supply

The reason you haven't seen more responses is because your water is unremarkable (that's a good thing). Take care of that alkalinity and you'll make some great beers with it.

The other aspect of this is that things in nature tend to respond geometriclly rather than arithmetically to changes in stimulus so that a water with 4 or 5 mg/L more or less calcium isn't going to be much different in its effects on the beer. It is when changes get to be 50% or more that things begin to change. Because of this there are hundreds or thousands of brewers out there with water pretty much effectively the same as yours and they have been commented on here over and over again. Poke around in old posts and see what people have done with water like this.

Back