another hops in TX thread, Pearland TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on planting this year, but held off because of the heat. I guess I was wrong to wait. :) Paul, have you tried using Blood Meal, Bone Meal, or maybe a manure/compost mix to give more nutrients to your plants? They may just be having a hard time getting what they need out of the soil.

well with over 25 days of straight 100 plus temps, has finally taken its toll....hops are looking very sad, i did get a small first harvest. then that was it, they did make several more cones on all plants, but i am just letting them go and keeping them alive. i have no doubt they will make it thru this year and should be very hardy next year. this summer has been very brutal and severe drought sucks

Bringing back this old thread, how have your hops done the past couple years (if you're still maintaining them)? Just moved to Pearland in July and will be planting a crop next spring.

Thanks!

Bringing back this old thread, how have your hops done the past couple years (if you're still maintaining them)? Just moved to Pearland in July and will be planting a crop next spring.

Thanks!

this last year was not very productive....the only thing that i would sugguest is cascade...they seam to do the best

Wow...I never would have guessed it! Somebody should open up a HBS in Pearland. It would make my life easier. I was thinking about getting some hops to grow this coming year. I guess they don't do real well here

need to open a grain shop locally...well defalcos isnt that far

:tank:

HAHA took the words out of my mouth. It would still be nice to have one closer. Especially for those trips during the week when I don't wan to fight traffic on 288....

Or someone at least needs to open a place that sells more craft beer. It's a shame when a chilis is on the top 5 list of craft beer bars in your town lol

HBS would be nice. A brewery or brewpub would be nicer! Maybe that's something I should do.......

Can't brew beer commercially in Brazoria County. But a place with a good number of craft beers on tap would be awesome.

hey guys i work at b&s brewers guild over in seabrook come check us out were doing alot better in the past month cuz of new management and new employees that actually care about the place

I have never been there. I have heard about it though, I'll give it a shot. Do you sell Ball Lock Kegs? Price?

unfortunately we dont have much as far as kegging supplies were in between suppliers and should start carrying them again at the begining of the year

Galveston brewer here... When did ownership change? I like that brewers guild is small and quaint, but I have been making the trip to defalcos for a few reasons...

As far as on topic... What types of hops do better in the heat and humidity here? How mong does it take from planting to harvest? I'm interested in possibly getting a little garden going myself.

I was curious if anyone would want to start a homebrew club in Pearland. I talked to bogies in Pearland and they would be happy to have us for meetings. We could maybe do some bulk grain buys or buy a whiskey barrel to split. Just a thought but I thought it would be interesting. Let me know if anyone is interested. I posted on another local thread to get an idea of people would be interested. Not trying to hijack a thread but I thought it would be relevant here. It wouldn't be a drinking fest but it could improve our skills.

Latest posts

Back