Another from Northern VA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_G

Reaction score
What's going on here...it seems like HBT is lousy with us yuppies! :D

Anyways, I decided to jump into brewing just a few weeks ago after discussing it with a buddy of mine who's been brewing for a few years now. Popped into one of the local shops, picked up a starter setup (with 6.5-gallon glass carboy) and a couple extract kits, and brewed up my first batch (California Common) exactly a week ago today. And, like a proud newbie, I immediately started obsessing over the whole process (especially fermentation).

I've read a ton (and I mean a *ton*) about home brewing in the last couple weeks, so my head is about to explode...and I think my decision to join HBT just might be the pin that causes it to pop. Looking forward to it!

Welcome to the club, and the neighborhood. Don't be afraid to ask questions (there's an aweful lot of knowledge and people willing to help) and have a blast. I'm in Burke so if you're in that part of FFC let me know and perhaps we can meet up.

Prost,
Michael

Don't know about you, but I like to beat up yuppies. Need to get those property values and rent prices back down to affordable levels somehow...:cross::cross::cross:

In all seriousness, welcome to the obession I mean addition I mean hobby.

And welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the good words! I can already see how addictive this hobby can be...

Michael...we may just well be neighbors! Once I get my feet, I might be up for getting together with folks to learn and enjoy a little homebrew.

Qhrumphf - I just consider myself lucky to have benefitted from others' misfortune in the housing market. No chance we could have moved out here (from Arlington) if we didn't find a short sale at the bottom of the market. Yuppie at heart, if not by wallet. ;)

Back